Prior to discussing the preventions I would like to share a true story of my friend. She was probably in 5th or 6th grade when she was diagnosed with cancer. Her cancer was diagnosed in the early stage and she is alive today. But the situation one has to go through is not easy. She was attacked by this killer disease on her leg. She had a swelling on her leg and we all thought it is normal and will finish after few days. Her parents took her to doctor and he gave her antibiotics, but antibiotic did not work. It was something unusual to her and her entire family. She was too young. Doctor wanted to have her biopsy and after few days they got the report which stated its cancer. My friend was too young so her parents told her that she has some problem in her leg bone and doctor would change her leg bone. She did not know what is going to happen. Few days later her leg got operated.
She was shifted in the private ward where she was still unconscious. The moment she opened her eyes she tried to move her legs, she was successful in moving her right leg but could not move the left one, because it was not there. She screamed, shouted, cried and…….
Her parents and siblings where there to help her out. They really worked hard for her. After few weeks her chemotherapy got started. She suddenly started covering her head. One day I saw from my window in her room, she was without head scarf and there were no hair. At that time I was 15 years. I was shocked and mentally upset. She was my dearest friend and I used to play with her every day. This was not easy for me and imagines what she and her family members have gone through.
Per year millions of people are diagnosed by Cancer, and the amounts of patients are increasing. It is not only a disease which is killing us but the word Cancer itself is enough to create panic.
Before coming to its causes and treatments it is important to know what actually cancer is. In simple words cancer is something when our body cells start growing abnormally. It is when our old cells are still there and our body starts growing and division of new cells. That is basically the growth which is not normal and body cells start acting abnormal which results in abnormal growth of the cells, resulting in cysts and lumps. Well often cysts and lumps are not cancerous but sometimes they are. To know whether they are cancerous or not there are various tests and procedures. Moreover, there are some specific symptoms which tell that it could be cancerous.
The word cancer is itself a mental trauma for everyone these days. The situation has become in a way that if one is not suffering from cancer and have heard about someone else, one would automatically gets intimidated from the disease and that person as well.
Lot of awareness has been created for cancer in the society but still there are so many things one can do to prevent this killer disease. Before coming to the prevention techniques it is quite important to know the common signs and symptoms. Through these sign one can get assure whether to worry or not to. To get panic is not the solution and it might increase your risk as well.
Common symptoms are:
- A lump/cyst which has no pain and is getting bigger
- The place itself is warmer than other areas of the body
- No Pain, pain in cancer is rare and usually comes when it is in the last stage
- Weight loss
- HB Loss
There are other symptoms but they are usually for typical types of cancers i.e. lung cancer, blood cancer etc but the symptoms mentioned above are common in every kind of cancer.
We often have heard that “Prevention is better than cure” and here comes the prevention list. These are simple things which can save you if you make them you habit. Always remember cancer is liked with your diet, lifestyle and emotional health. Having healthy diet, lifestyle and emotional health can save you.
- Drink 8 glasses of water, with normal temperature
- When you get up in the morning drink 4 glasses of water without brushing your teeth. The bacteria in your mouth at that time are actually beneficial.
- Cabbages, cauliflower, Clover are really good to prevent cancer. Cabbage family has DIM.
- Detox your body by increasing water intake
- Eat green vegetables with green leaves i.e. radish, carrot
- Broccoli is very good.
- Cut sugar and salt.
- Eat fish 3 days a week. Tuna and Salmon are great for preventing cancer. They have fish oil in them. Fish oil is rich in omega 3 fatty acids.
- Vitamin A, D, C, calcium, magnesium and zinc are very important. If you do not get them through what you eat try to bring multivitamins for pharmacy and use them
- Get some garlic and black seed oil capsules. Black seeds are called “Kalongi” which has been mentioned in our religion as well.
- DO NOT use corn oil. Use sunflower oil, Vegetable oil. The best is to use Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Limit red meat, dairy products and alcohol (if you drink)
- Eat ORGANIC fruits and vegetables. You should have 3 to 5 serving daily
- Maintain normal body weight.
- Stress and emotional stress increases the risk.
- Exercise or do something which sweats out your body
- Wearing dry cleaned cloths do have link with skin cancer
- Do yoga, reiki, meditation and other things to relax yourself
Try to make them habit and save the entire society by creating awareness.